This article will explain how to send a communication within Arbor. There are a few methods to send communications within Arbor. This article will go over three methods in reaching the communications mail merge screen, you are free to use your own methods on sending communications as well.
Before following this article, you should ensure that: - You have permission within Arbor to send various communications.
Through a profile
1. In the master search which is in the top right of the Arbor home dashboard. Search for the name of the student, guardian, or staff member you would like to send a communication to.
This method would be more widely used in specific messaging.
2. When on the profile select the communications tab and select the chosen communication you would like to send.
Through the top menu
1. In the top menu in Arbor, go to School -> Communications -> Select the form of communication and if required select New Mail Merge.
This method may be more generally used for wide scale communications.
Through the lesson dashboard
1. You are on your lesson dashboard, and you select a student from your student list to send a communication to.
2. Click the student's profile picture to view their full profile.
3. You are now on the student's profile, so you have access to the orange communications/notes button as well as emergency details in the top right. Along the left menu you will find a communications option to view past communications with this student/their parents.